The EquiPro High-Frequency device is designed to utilize low-current high-frequency alternating currents, delivered via a glass electrode, to create a germicidal, drying and warming action. The high frequency direct current converts some of the oxygen in the air into ozone, which creates the germicidal action. Indirect High-frequency is used to aid healing and also to help desquamation (the skin’s natural exfoliation), as well as stimulate sweat and sebaceous glands.
All treatments given with high-frequency should be started with a mild current and gradually increased to the required strength. The length of the treatment depends upon the condition to be treated. For general facial treatments, approximately three to five minutes should be allowed.
Benefits of High Frequency
- Stimulates circulation of the blood
- Increases glandular activity
- Aids in elimination of toxins and absorption of nutrients to the cell
- Increases metabolism
- Germicidal action occurs during use (Direct Method Only)
- Generates heat inside the tissues
- Aids in deeper penetration of product into the skin
For Direct High Frequency the mushroom shaped electrode is used in a circular motion, over gauze, on the face and neck.
For Indirect High Frequency the indirect electrode is held in the client’s hand.
A) Direct Current Application; In facial treatments the electrode is applied directly over the treatment cream or mask.The DC application will give a sedative effect, due to the generated heat in the facial tissue.Oily and acneic skin will benefit from the germicidal action of high frequency.
B) Indirect Application; The client holds the electrode while the esthetician massages the area being treated. At no time is the electrode held by the esthetician. To prevent shock, the current is turned on after the client is holding the electrode firmly in their hands. The current is also turned off before the electrode is removed from the client’s hand. Indirect current has both a toning and stimulating effect on the skin.
Caution: The client must not come in contact with any metal objects. Clients should remove jewelry from hands and arms. High frequency current should not be used when the client is pregnant nor clients who may have a pacemaker or who are epileptic. In using high frequency with skin lotions, never use a lotion containing alcohol or any other flammable liquid. It is possible for a spark from the high frequency electrode to ignite a product that contains alcohol such as an astringent. High frequency is a popular treatment method known for its germicidal decongesting, energizing and stimulating action.
- Compact model
- Comfort Touch – no shocking your client!
- Precise intensity adjustment control
- 3 electrodes included: 1 large mushroom violet, 1 small mushroom pink, 1 indirect massage
- Integrated holes for electrodes
- Handle with retractable and coiled wire for better mobility
- 2-year limited warranty
- C.S.A. approved
- 18 watts
- up to 800 kHz
- Proudly Made in Canada
The following accessories are available for the Infraderm:
1. Comb Electrode
2. Small Mushroom Violet Electrode (Neon)
3. Small Mushroom Pink Electrode (Argon)
4. Large Mushroom Violet Electrode (Neon)
5. Indirect Massage Electrode
6. Sparking Electrode (glass point)
7. Fulgurate Electrode (metal point)
8. Small Mushroom Violet Notch Electrode
9. Neon Roller Electrode
10. Neck Electrode
11. Complete High-Frequency Handle
12. High Frequency Coil (not pictured)